Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Simple Housing

We jumped off the "have a big mortgage" lifestyle a few years ago, when we decided to get debt free.  Since then, renting has been the only option.  Not that that is going to change anytime soon, but I keep finding hope while reading about others who have found creative solutions to their housing needs.

I am very interested in projects like the one above.  (click here to read the full story.)    I am also interested in people who live in modern Yurts or reclaimed grain bins.  Perhaps part of me knows that deep down I don't ever want another mortgage.  I'd rather live in a whole in the ground!

4 comments:

  1. No that's an interesting looking house. Similar to the potato bins out here in Idaho. There are actually a couple of houses built in the ground out here, interesting. I feel the same way about a mortgage, though I know we will eventually get one. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fairy tail looking home :) I love to read about people that build homes into the ground. It's quite interesting how living in the earth regulates temperature inside your home by using the earths core temp :) I always thought living in a yurt would be cool to. You could just pick up and move anywhere. Now we all need mobile jobs that allow us to go and be anywhere *grin*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute house!

    How about an old caboose? I've always admired people who lived in cabooses with a few goats wandering about.

    Yes, do take your kids out walking. It is nature study and PE, after all, and you can make little check boxes for the walking so you'll feel guilty if you don't go. That's what I do! LOL

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenn...I'm late getting over here to your Blogger blog, didn't know about it until I linked from Mary's cbox! I love these "hobbit hole" houses! Reminds me of "Little House on the Prarie," wasn't that the one where they lived in a home built into a hill?

    You may laugh, but my dream is to live in a yurt in the mountains! I'll never get there (I married a city-lovin' architect, and we're planted in the uber-suburbs), but I just love to read about them!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails