Thursday, October 14, 2010
Poor Richard's Almanac
Gentle Reader,
I've been doing a little searching and thought you might enjoy some of these proverbs from Poor Richard's Almanac, written by Benjamin Franklin. Amazes me how many I have heard growing up and did not know that he was the author. The following are some that spoke to my heart.
None preaches better than the ant, and she says nothing.
He that speaks much, is much mistaken.
God heals, and the Doctor takes the Fees.
If you desire many things, many things will seem but a few.
Do good to thy Friend to keep him, to thy enemy to gain him.
Well done is better than well said.
I never saw an oft-transplanted tree,
Nor yet an oft-removed family,
That throve so well as those that settled be.
If you wou’d not be forgotten
As soon as you are dead and rotten,
Either write things worth reading,
or do things worth the writing.
Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.
If you should enjoy reading more, click here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cool quotes. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
I love Benjamin Franklin! I loved when we did our history study on him. These are some great quotes.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I LOVE your background! Cute, cute!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful quotes. Thanks for sharing them.
Thanks for coming by to visit me. I really appreciated your kind comments.
God bless you - Julie