Do you keep photos stored on your computer, photos that speak to you and are kept for no other reason? I do.
There is something stirred deep within when I see the above picture. I wish to be part of their world. Do I want to be the reader or the painter? My first thought is,"I am not good enough to be the painter." Ah, I, but want to be the painter.
I love this picture, too. I want to be that mother. I want my children to enjoy time outdoors with me. They appear to be in no hurry and seem to be enjoying a quiet moment together in a beautiful spot. No one seems to be arguing or wanting to rush off to the next thing.
Here I am again, the mom. This time my well-behaved, happy children and I are enjoying a tea party outdoors. See the boat in the background? It's the one we use to get to this private picnic spot. Perhaps, I need to jump on this idea. My real children are growing up so quickly. They won't want to have a tea party outdoors for long.
Thanks for stopping by and reading this silly little post! Perhaps it will inspire you to slow down, look at a picture and dream?
Jenn, you crack me up. I think your silly post (your words not mine) is very true. I am thankful Anna still enjoys having tea with me, but not others things. Indeed they grow up so fast.
ReplyDelete(((hugs)))
What sweet words and thoughts. And if you would like to be the painter, then start trying. You never know what what could happen. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
I must admit that I have a little photo file on my computer of photos that make me smile, inspire or transport me to another place *grin*. I don't think it hurts to have a little eye candy for the soul :) I actually just finished putting a funny entry on my blog about the gag gift we took to hubby's christmas party last year. I ran across the photos today and it made me giggle to myself and I just had to share *grin*. They're not quite as feminine as yours though so be warned *wink*. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteYou know what I like about these pictures? The women are restful, relaxed, and enjoying the time to just be.
ReplyDelete