Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Never Been More Homesick Than Now
I've always loved this song and every time I hear it I realize how homesick I am for Heaven. I get all weepy as I listen to it and think of Grandpa. There is something so reverently special about being in the room when he passed away. I am eternally grateful for that moment. I got to see with my own eyes how peaceful his last breaths were. My only regret is that I did not slip away with him! I do not mean that to sound suicidal or anything. Perhaps, if you love Jesus, you will understand what I mean. The Bible says to be absent from the body is to be present with Christ. In that moment, I was so close to Jesus that I could almost feel Him near. I wanted to be with Him and to escape the pain on this earth, but it is not my time. So I don't mean to be morbid. I think it is normal to long for my Heavenly home the older I get and the more pain and suffering I witness here on earth. In Christ, there are no good byes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Jenn,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry, dear Jenn. The ache of the heart is so very intense, when we loose someone so special and dear to us.
May the Lord give you and your family, specially your dear Mom, His incredible peace as you have to go through this.
Katia
P.S I tried to leave you a comment on your other blog 4 times, I guess HSB and I will never get along.
Nothing morbid or suicidal about those words at all very normal for a devoted Christian to think on those things... I feel at time the same way and often asked the Lord how soon can I come home....
ReplyDeleteI think its very wonderful for you to have been there at those last moments with your dear one as not everyone can say that and for you to feel that close to your savior as your grand father was passing is probably an experiencing you will never forget. Peace to you and the family in the days ahead as you relish in the memories of your beloved family member.
Amen Jenn!
ReplyDeleteI thank God each day for another day of life to live and serve Him, but I also look so forward to being called Home.
I'll often tell people that I'll be disappointed if Jesus doesn't return in my lifetime...but only briefly disappointed.
(((Hugs))) I'm sorry. I do hope that you feel the Father's arms wrapped around you.
ReplyDeleteI, too, have struggled with leaving comments on HSB. I hope that they get things ironed out over there soon.
I totally know how you feel. I was in the room alone with my mom when she passed away, It was the moment when I finally got what the preachers were talking about when they said a PEACE THAT PASSES UNDERSTANDING, I know exactly what that is now, I thought I would freak out and lose it when she died, but instead it was peaceful, GOD AND JESUS were there, I could feel such peace, I will never forget that day.
ReplyDeleteOh Jenn, I know exactly where you're comin' from. I blogged about this very thing a couple of years ago at HSB and was surprised at how many commenters took it as though I was depressed or feelin' low when actually it was quite the opposite. To many of us, Heaven is such a wonderfully perfect reality! It's HOME and present with our dear Lord and Savior! I truly get excited when I think of Heaven and all the glories that await us there!
ReplyDeleteBlessings dear friend, Julie
Beautiful words Jenn. Continuing to pray for you all.
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
I totally understand. I was just in tears listening to this song. Yes, I am homesick for heaven.
ReplyDeleteBlessings my SSiC
In Him<><
-Mary
Hello
ReplyDeleteGreat share, thanks for your time
Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!
ReplyDelete