I am a BIG chicken. There. It is now out in the open. I am afraid to finish my apron. I am afraid I will make a mistake. (Don't get me started on how I am afraid of my sewing machine that only does one stitch and won't wind a bobbin.) I look at how my mom finishes something and marvel. "How did she know to do that?" goes through my mind. I read the same instructions that she reads. She gets it. I don't. Let me tell you, those instructions leave a lot to the imagination and I have no sewing imagination!!! So, I am not going to touch the apron without my mom by my side. I am not! You will just have to come back next week to see it finished. By the way, I included a picture of Grace who is busy making a scarf. She is much better than I am, proving the crafting gene skipped my generation.
The seam ripper is my friend. ;) So excited for you though. Learning a new skill takes time, and I can't think of anything better than learning from your mom. Can't wait to see the finished product!
ReplyDeleteYou are too funny. Your mom looks like a pro and so at ease at the sewing machine. I'm sure you would be great at it too. Can't wait to see the finished product (next week of course). lol
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
Oh you are so cute! *grin* I remember when I started to sew and patterns were like reading greek! My very first project was a dress for my cabbage patch doll and I sewed the front to the back by accident and I remember crying because I just couldn't do it right :) Oh boy, thank goodness it just keeps getting better and better and I know that you will become more comfortable sewing as you practice more and how lovely that your mom can help you :) I await your update next week *grin*.
ReplyDeleteGood to see a picture of your mom again.
ReplyDeleteThis is neat that you have mom as your support, enjoy every moment of it. Maybe you won't want to learn how to sew to quickly so she can come and help you and grace more often ;)these are very precious times.
I can remember when I first began to learn how to sew..... You can do it, if it doesn't work, just use your seam-ripper (sp?). Practice makes it perfect. LOL, I hate taking a seam apart ;)
(((hugs)))
Katia