I just took a look back at the last 3 years in pictures. My life is so different now, completely different, almost. We've spent the last three years correcting a huge mistake by the grace of God. Those pictures reminded me that I need to slow down and think about the next three years.
In three years my children will be 15, 13 and 11. Three short years will go by like a flash. I must be diligent, flexible, kind, and very intentional. I must guard our time. I must make the most of every opportunity while allowing plenty of time to just be a family.
Looking at old pictures makes me feel very contemplative. My life right now is one of those old pictures in the making. I ask myself, "What do I want to "think" when I look back at a picture from this time in my life?" Certainly, I do not want to only think of what might have been. I hope to have fond rememberances and that is going to take effort on my part right now. So, off I go... to make the most of this lovely day. And one day, I hope that I will look back on this time and know that I did my best.
Dear Jenn,
ReplyDeletewow, you and I both seem to be having some of the exact same thoughts.....I have been organizing our photos...(which I should have done a long time a go)... they do bring back good memories and some not so fun ;) I want to enjoy and treasure every moment with Anna for the next few years, she will be with us.
I can't believe, how much your kids have grown.
I like your photo today, it must be from your camping up north.
((((hugs))) from Greenfield
Katia
Oh Jenn, I know, I too have been looking back lately. Except, I'm not too happy with where we're at. We've placed far too much importance on the temporal, neglected the "quiet moments" with our Lord, and now the results are in and it's plain to see that the eternal and most sacred has been put on the backburner. This is a season of our lives that I'm hoping to exit quickly, but I have a feeling it's going take lots of commitment on our part and discipline to get back to where we should be. But, our God is an awesome God and also merciful, praise the Lord.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Julie
I think that would be a good discipline most days, to think, "How will I view today from the future?" I do often find myself in a moment and try really hard to remember so that I can look back with clarity. Remembering is, afterall, a spiritual discipline. God calls us to remember his goodness to us.
ReplyDelete