May 2010 Southern Living pg. 15

This morning, the kids and I took a walk at a local park. In my quest to get myself moving more, I decided to start our day with a walk instead of waiting until after our lessons were done. I had fears that we'd be interrupted in our studies if we started with a walk first. We were actually surprised by what happened. We had the park to ourselves and the birds were much more active than in the afternoon, which was our usual time to visit this park. I had so much fun identifying all the birds that I forgot that I was exercising. Kind of felt like tricking myself! I think we've stumbled onto a new way to motivate ourselves to get out there and moving! Hooray for us!
When my kids were younger, it always helped if we'd take a walk first thing in the morning because it would allow the boys an opportunity to run off some energy so they could sit still for their lessons!:) Looks like you have a beautiful park to explore!:)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great idea. Don't have anything that pretty around here. Glad it's working for you. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn