Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What Kind of Blogger Am I?


This question goes through my mind quite often.  I tend to categorize blogs I visit.  Am I encouraged?  Am I enlightened?  My favorite blogs tend to encourage me to be a better wife, mother, person or even Christian. 

What kind of blogger am I?  I think I am sort of a sponge-blogger.  I take more than I give.  I often think I will just give up blogging all together and become a lurker.  I could lurk to my heart's content.  But then, I'd start to feel guilty about not leaving comments.  Good bloggers deserve my comments, right?  Well, I know I like getting comments, so being a lurker is not something I would want to be, for long.  I'd be back to trying to blog again anyways. 

I am not a writer, as you know.  I am not interesting or knowledgeable enough to think of topics that would draw people who want similar things that I want from a blog.  I've tried that.  The whole blogging world is full of those blogs, thankfully! 

So, I guess I will just keep plodding along for now, taking more than I give.  Oh, now I know one or two of you may feel compelled to say something like," But you're a great blog friend."  Thank you in advance.  Being a blog friend may be my lot in the blogging world.  Friends are needed.  I guess I don't really want to rock the blog world.  That's not my style, but I would like to contribute, maybe even pull my weight. 

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way constantly, I am not a writer in the sense like some of these bloggers but hey I believe the Lord uses all sorts of people(and their writing style) to serve His purpose.. I think thats what keeps me moving is that I still have you 3 that have followed me all over blogsphere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jenn,

    I agree with you in all of this. I for one, have had many instances when I felt like pushing the button to delete my blog...In every instance the Lord showed me to keep my blog up by someone's e-mail or comment on my blog.

    I agree with your commenter above, we are here for a reason, we all bless each other in so many different ways. You are a blessing to me, many of your post have made me think.
    We each have an important function in the blog-sphere of God :)
    (((hugs))))
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog. I do think its encouraging, because it lets me see into the day to day life of another SAHHM (stay at home, homeschool mom). And it encourages me to know I'm not alone with the issues I deal with. Thanks for sticking with blogging, and letting us see into a real life. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails