![]() |
| From March2010 |
We'd already been to several music stores. He bought himself a book with his birthday money and was willing to put all the rest he had into fixing up the old guitar his uncle abandoned long ago. Did I tell you that it was raining and we went to three different stores? I called my husband and explained the situation. The experts agree, the old guitar is not worth fixing up. We could get a new one for $100. He has about $40 saved. Yes, we are in a recovery mode, trying to regroup after the big move and needing to buy Jeep brakes. But I had saved a little on groceries the last two weeks and my heart's desire was to encourage my not so little son to do something musical. And I see a strong desire in him to play, not like the violin or piano. No. Not like those. Those were my desires. So, the guitar was bought. He now is in our debt. He must show us dedication and then we will see about lessons in the fall when money should be available. Until then, I hear lovely sounds coming from my living room.

That is great that he has such an interest. If you ever find a DVD, let me know. We are still looking for one for Paulie, though he's not as into it at all.
ReplyDeleteSarah wants to take piano lessons again, but we can't afford them right now. So she is going to watch the 5 yr old daughter of our piano teacher (who is a close family friend), for 2 hours a week, in exchange for free piano lessons. :) I'm proud that she's willing to do that. Hopefully we'll be able to start it next month.
JoAnn
I love that you are investing in your son this way, investing money, trust, hopes, dreams. Praying his heart is stirred by the possibilities of it all!
ReplyDelete