Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Over and Abundantly More Than I Ask...

This week, I was blessed with more things for my lovely home. Things I did not have to purchase,which is oh-so-important when you are living within your means. These gifts from human hands were conduits from above.

When we first moved into our home a month ago, I thought it would be lovely to find an outside table one day. Perhaps I would see one at a garage sale this summer. I was not going to pine for one. I did not know how close a table actually was!

One recent evening after dinner, the kids begged their daddy to open up the tall fence that surrounds the hot tub that came with this home. We had been too busy and it had been too cold to think of it sooner. Imagine their surprise to find this...
It is the perfect table for us.  Thank you, Lord!

My next story comes as a bitter-sweet tale.  I was given this table and chairs for my kitchen, but it comes at the misfortune of another, a person I love deeply.  My only consolation is that the set will be loved and will remind me to pray for my generous benefactor often.  
A little over a month ago, I did not have a table to my name.  Now I have 3 and all were gifts.  Here is a picture of the dining room set, also a gift from a friend. 

I am so thankful that we did not rush ahead and buy some tables.  We actually did visit an antique mall in February looking for furniture for the house.  We even found some great items.  It would have been OK, as we were planning to use cash.  But what a wonderful thing it is to see what the Lord wanted us to have, instead.  What He wanted to provide us with for our home, the home He gave to us. 

In the past, I've been one to rush ahead and not wait on the Lord.  I've borrowed money to get what I wanted right away.  There is a thrill, certainly, but no joy in that.  Soon the bills come and the shine wears off.  I am learning a new way of getting joy, waiting on the Lord!

5 comments:

  1. What a blessing. It's so hard to wait sometimes, but always great when we wait for the Lord's timing. You have beautiful tables. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! That is so wonderful! And very encouraging to me as I really want an outside table. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn your blog here is lovely...in spirit. refreshing, honest and uplifting!
    What a wonderful God we serve. I just love your stories of Gods provisions. I love that each table has a special story. Its not just furniture but part of your family history.
    I was tickled to see your dear cat having tea. Our felines are often sampling ours! One even likes coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to hear about God's provisions. I love how he answered yours about the picnic table before you even asked. [0=

    Blessings in Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello sweet friend :) Happy Easter!! How wonderful to find a picnic table surprise waiting for you and for each table that you have come to be able to call your own. Each one a special blessing for your family :)
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails