Since JoAnn is so eager to see the inside of the new house, I will be brave and post some of the photos that I have from the realtor. I say brave because the house was last updated in the 80's and I am not sure what others will think of that. The way it is suits us just fine as all our stuff is early Good Will anyway. (grins) So here goes...
This is the kitchen. It is functional and it will be painted a neutral color. It might also get a new floor covering, but I am not unhappy with the current flooring. I've had much worse.
This is the livingroom and dining area. The curtains will match my Grandma's sofa and chairs. I just wish we could rip out the carpet as there is a beautiful hardwood floor underneath.
Here is the main bathroom, notice the lovely blue sink and tub.
Like I said, these things really don't bother me. I think because the house needed some updating a lot of people were willing to pass it up, so in a way I am thankful it is not all brand new.
Hey, thanks so much for posting this original and unique article. I can't tell you how many times I've visited blogs
ReplyDeletefrom Google and they've got nothing on them but crappy ads and false information that's unereliable. I don't
normally comment on blogs, but I just thought that i'd drop you a line and tell you that I think you're doing a fantastic job.
Thanks! if you want, you can check out my blog at Stihl Chainsaws and
Husqvarna Chain Saw
Oh, thank you, thank you so much for posting inside pictures. :)
ReplyDeleteI think it is so adorable and has such charm. Really. I like the older style houses, they have more charm than the newer ones that seem so bland sometimes. And Paulie would just love a blue tub and sink. I would probably never get it out of the bathroom. :)
Did you offer to take up the carpet yourself? Some landlords don't mind when tenants fix up the place a bit. You might want to check.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot, and it's a blessing to hear how thankful you are for it. :)
JoAnn
Hey Jenn! Well, I found this one. I have to say, nice blue bathroom! That sort of thing is SO common where I live. My favorite was the mint-green tub we had when we first got married. I've seen pink, brown. I guess it used to be all the rage? :)
ReplyDeleteDear Jenn,
ReplyDeleteI think your new house is beautiful. I think if people would look down on you because of your house, they are really the ones who have an issue.
A house is a house, no matter what it looks like, as long it has peace, love and respect.
You need to see the last parsonage I lived in, this house was a combination of 50's and 60's. It had a gold floor in the bathroom which was coming up on the edges. A gold plastic medicine cabinet etc. Olive Green carpet.....the original falling apart 1920's windows, and to top it off, it had the original 60 years old coal furnace.
I praise the Lord for the wonderful things He has done for you guys. I am so happy for you. May He continue to bless you and your sweet family with His love and peace.
(((((hugs)))))
Katia
I think it has so much decor potential to it that I am thrilled you guys finally found a place you can be at for a while... Cant wait to see what you all do with it!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you and your family! I still have to write about our quest to be debt free, but it's still stewing. I'm not sure what I even want to say, but, seriously, pictures of my house are still on the scary side. :P
ReplyDeleteLove the bathroom :) My house needs some serious updating and my bathroom fixtures circa 1960 are a lovely shade of pink! LOL Did you know that turquoise is totally HOT this year?? Your totally in style now :)
ReplyDeleteOh, Jenn, none of that would bother me! I think it's lovely. How exciting! Thanks for putting the pictures up. I have lived in this old house since day 1. Can't imagine packing, or moving, or house shopping, or anything like that.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Lynn