Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bird-Chirping Weather


My favorite weather is bird-chirping weather. ~Loire Hartwould



I went outside briefly this morning and was struck by what my senses discovered.  The smell of spring was in the air.  Although this Indiana girl knows better, my heart skipped a beat thinking winter might be on the way out.  I closed my eyes for a moment and felt the warmer air on my face.  I listened to the birds.  I smiled.  This maybe just a little taste of spring, but not forever! 

3 comments:

  1. I like enjoying those times too. Our couch now faces the part of our living room where the sun shines in, when it's sunny. I love sitting there in the afternoon when the sun is shining. Closing my eyes, and picture I'm sitting outside. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of spring to *grin*. It's a slightly earthy smell , of things greening, it's so hard to explain but you just know it! LOL Let's dream of spring together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bird chirping weather is my favorite too! Love that picture.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails