Keep clutter at bay. I need to keep looking for things to purge. I finally feel as if I am making progress. As I look around myself, I see mainly things that we love or need. This is my goal. I think I need to purge some clothing this week, but that's it.
Visit my grandparents before the week is out. With tomorrow being Veteran's Day, I'd like to go and honor Grandpa, who served in WWII.
Keep my focus on our lessons despite the busy days.
Help youngest son with his thank you notes. He has done 4. My goal is to have him do 2 a day this week.
~Not Set in Stone Menu~
Monday: Homemade Marinara and Meatballs
Tuesday: Homemade Chicken and Noodles
Wednesday: Picnic with Daddy before AWANA
Thursday: Meatloaf, Potatoes, Green beans
Friday: Pizza and Salad
Saturday: Pot Roast with Vegetables, Homemade Rolls
Sunday: Leftovers
~What I am reading~
Power of a Woman's Words by Sharon Jaynes, Chapter 12. This week we are studying how silence is so important.
Memorizing 1Corinthians 13, on verse 12. (12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
Made From Scratch by Jenna Woginrich (I hope to post about this book this week. Excellent!)
Proverbs, chapter a day with my children.
In the morning, Psalms, 7 week reading plan.
~Things I am thankful for~
(Ongoing list updated each week.)
A husband who comes home every evening and remains engaged.
Just enough.
Healthy children.
A warm home.
A great family weekend.
God's awesome creation. (Lake Michigan comes to mind.)
Parents who bless me.
Sunshine on a cool fall morning.
Yellow gold leaves.
Opportunities to serve others.
Unusually warmer days for November.
Good books from the library.
~What we are learning together~
We are continuing to spend our time reading more about Exodus, finishing up some historical fiction (Tirzah)this week. We started a biography of D.L. Moody. We are finishing Star of Light by Patricia St. John. We will continue to read through Proverbs, one chapter a day. We will be singing hymns and other favorites. We will keep our timeline and maps of the Fertile Crescent updated. We will also add a page to our history notebooks. My oldest will continue reading Around the World in 80 Days. He will also spend some time working on a map of the journey. My daughter will begin reading Elsie Dinsmore, book one. I've been looking forward to her being old enough to enjoy this series of books. I am thankful that our library carries some of them.
~A Prayer Request or Two~
Still praying for the attitude of my heart to be in-line with God's will, that I'd not grumble so much. (God is enough!)
Praising God's provision day by day, especially for my parents. Praying for more orders for their business.
Praying for my mom's healing and for the clothes she needs for this winter. With her nerve condition, it is hard to wear clothes. I am praying she will find a fabric that doesn't irritate her nerve endings.
Praising God for our good health and asking for it to continue. Protection from illness this winter.
Praying for attitudes of my children. Oldest would bare fruit of his confession of faith. Middle would obey without grumbling, resist her flesh. Youngest would not be puffed up from frequent praise.
~Picture I am sharing~
I saw this yesterday at another blog I read frequently. It so sums up my feelings about this blog! But I am not giving up over here. (Thank you, JoAnn for your loyalty.) By the way, the picture origniates at Dispair.com. You should go check it out. You'll get a good laugh!
Your blog has been in my RSS reader for a while now, so I'm seeing your posts too [smile].
ReplyDeleteAnd I enjoy Despair.com very much...
~Luke
That picture is too funny. Glad things are flowing right along with you and the family. And see you have a reader besides me. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn