Monday, October 5, 2009

Slice of Life Monday, Number 2




~Things I hope to do this week~

Visit my grandparents in the nursing home.  I wanted to do this last week, but time got away.  I hope to sneak in a visit before I leave on Friday, but it will be hard to manage with all the other things I need to do. 
UPDATE:   WE MADE THE HOUR LONG TRIP YESTERDAY AND ENJOYED OUR TIME WITH OUR PRECIOUS GRANDS.  :-)  SO GLAD THAT WE HOMESCHOOL AND CAN DO THIS. 


Get food for the kids and grandparents this weekend, especially the grandfather's favorite coffee from Costco. 

Maintain current level of cleanliness, which is great after our deep cleaning last Friday. 
Continue to work on my journaling everyday.   I let the ball drop last week.

Take books back to library before our trip.

Clean the refrigerator.  It's bad. 

Celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary this weekend alone in Michigan! 

~Menu~

Monday: Big salads with roasted chicken on top

Tuesday: Loaded Big Bakers

Wednesday: Parking lot picnic at church before AWANA with Daddy

Thursday: Whole grain waffles

~What I am reading~
Power of a Woman's Words by Sharon Jaynes, Chapter 7, Power of a Woman's Words to Believers
Proverbs

~Things I am thankful for~

A husband who comes home every evening and remains engaged.
Just enough.
Healthy children.
A warm home. 

~What we are learning together~
(Week four of My Father's World)


This week we start learning about Ancient Egypt. We will continue to read through Proverbs, one chapter a day. We will be singing Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. We will continue to read In Search of the Source and Tanglewood's Secret. For science we will be looking at the science behind pyrimids.  We will be listening to Vivaldi's Spring.  We need to update our timeline and maps of the Fertile Crescent. We will also add a page to our history notebooks. 

~A Prayer Request or Two~
Still praying for my tone of voice, especially when I give directions to my children. (Proverbs 31:26)
Praying for God's provision day by day.
Praying for a safe trip to Michigan and that the kids will also be happy and safe while we are away. 

~Picture I am sharing~


My sweet Abbey!

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty kitty you have... Enjoy that anniversary get away..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Monday was a good start to the week! I admire your goals. I also enjoyed the pictures of things you love. :)

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week planned. And those kitty pictures are cute. :)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails