It seems that blogs have a lifespan and this one is no different. It was started with fear and trembling a long, long time ago. The hope was to connect with other home educators and to record the happenings of a home educating family. That was another lifetime ago it seems. Now my kids are all teenagers and there are fewer things to document.
So, I am exploring the necessity of this blog. It is painful to give up entirely, although that is the most likely outcome. Blogs seem to be a thing of the past, really. I read so few myself these days. I have a paper journal that I record little happenings. Do I need this blog? I don't know. Perhaps I will just let things go for awhile and see what happens.
If you stumble across this post and are a blog friend of mine and wish to keep in touch, please hop over here to my personal blog, and I will be glad to see you!
Oh friend, I do understand this. I will greatly miss you, but just had to say that I have treasured our online blogging time over the years. Blogging has evolved into a world that I don't feel like I fit much anymore either, but I do so enjoy the blessing of keeping a journal of memories and my dear thoughts for my loved ones. I will be adding your personal blog to my reader and hope to stay connected :)
ReplyDeleteI read your post with sadness, Jenn--the end of an era. I have loved your blog over the years; I felt like I knew you and your family though we'd never met. Thanks for all you've shared, it's been really sweet.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like many of us are in that 'identity' crisis or change as our kids have grown up. Mine happened suddenly with our move and the total attention given to all things eldercare. I, too, felt like I lost my compass with my blog but don't want to give it up. So I've been working on redirecting it (slowly) to match where I'm at now. I've just started a new one, too--check it out if you want sometime: kingdomcomelife.net. I'm so glad you have the other blog I can keep up with you on--I certainly will!
God bless you, dear friend, and keep talking with us. :-)
Aww, and just when I came back to my blog... dittos what our friends said. I'll make sure your other blog is on my sidebar. Yes, our lives are changing, which is how it's suppose to be... and perhaps, our older kiddos don't need us telling the world about every detail of their lives, :). I'm glad you aren't going off social media completely my Friend. I'll see you at the other blog, but will miss this one too. ♥
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness, I am away from blog world for even but a bit and I see this in my reader when I actually have a few moments to spare.. I so hear you.. as much as I started and stopped and started again.. I am finding this blogging thing a bit much.. I cant exactly share a whole lot nor show a whole lot either of our happening with the children in our care, nor am I sure I want to for fear of Bio Families knowing to much than I care for them to know.. or "stalk" plus we have been busy with so much on the home front.. Graduation..Adoption plans.. its enough to make my own head spin just typing this out.
ReplyDeleteI will have to keep you personal blog on my side reader too..just like Jane..
I understand about the kids growing up and the blog changing. I'm at that point now.
ReplyDeleteGod bless!
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage