The kids baked gingerbread cookies with Nana yesterday after church. Today Grace is going to make sugar cookie dough to bake tomorrow. I want her to make peanut butter blossoms, too. That should give us enough variety for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. What I do not want to have are tons sitting around for weeks on end. No, no, no. Won't do.
The kids went to see Star Wars with their grandparents today. I had the morning all to myself. I wrote a long list and only partially got the laundry done, cleaned one bathroom and made one phone call. I thought I could get a lot more done. I still have trouble walking up and down the stairs with my boot on, but it is the only way I can do it right now, slows me down a little.
I am very thankful to have school behind us for a couple of weeks. It has been a great semester for my online learners. Both of them made the honor roll. I am still very pleased with their school and the kids' work ethic. I am really looking forward to next semester, too. Now that we know what to expect and how to keep on track, it is going to be even more enjoyable.
This week will surely fly by. I wish that I could slow it down a little. Last year was a horrible Christmas, losing my grandma on the 23rd. I cannot help but remember the time leading up to her death and of course how much I have missed her this year. It is such a long time not to talk to her. She was one of my best friends, really.
Instead of being sad, I will focus on the wonderful things we have this season, health, provision, and most of all a Savior who deserves celebrated. Have a wonderful Christmas, friends!!
I recently found this picture of my grandma, a few years ago when she was visiting. It shows her vest for life. She loved Christmas.

Know that your friend in the Europe is praying for you :-) Cherish the memories and move a step forward. Put your hand in the hand of the LORD. He will lead us. He is the God of our ancestors and he will help us.
ReplyDeleteI love that nicee photo!
Tis a season to cherish love....
ReplyDeleteFrom one blogger sister to another.. HUGS to you and the family at this time.. I just got word that our dear sweet sweet elderly friend Estella, who was my kids "adopted" grandma there in Oklahoma passed away last night after falling ill for quite some time.. At the moment we are a house in mourning.. The sentiments of longing for that "one more" conversation.. just lingers on my heart as I am sure it does yours.
ReplyDelete((hugs)) Merry Christmas to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteI hope it is well with you!
ReplyDeleteHug