Monday, December 7, 2015

Since Thanksgiving

It truly is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here, as the old song goes.  The day after Thanksgiving begins our traditional season of decorating, baking cookies, shopping, going to parties and watching Christmas movies. So far this year has not disappointed on any count.

We have baked and decorated on two separate occasions.  We have watched Elf, Christmas in Connecticut and Christmas with the Cranks.  We have even put up two trees.  We have been out for our annual family Christmas brunch with extended family at their retirement home.  We have ordered our Christmas cards and bought most of our gifts.

This Christmas feels much more joyous in comparison to the last two Christmas' where I lost grandmothers right before.  I was so heartbroken going into those Christmas'.  I lost all my joy for celebrating.  I still really miss them and it is hard to think of future Christmas' without them, but I know they are no longer suffering and I will see them again one day because they both loved Jesus, the real reason to celebrate Christmas.

I'll leave you with some pictures from our home in the last two weeks.  Merry Christmas!!





7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. It is the only way to display all of our ornaments after 21 years of collecting!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, your post hit home. I washed my face last night before heading to bed and the tears started pouring down my face -- I really miss my grandmother and the thoughts of her no longer with us and all the family gatherings -- well it's hard.

    Your post also reminded me to get the baking supplies I need for our annual baking day!

    I pray that your foot is healing and hope that you have been able to embrace slowing down and enjoying the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bakers in aprons is a fabulous picture!! Love all the decorating and your tree made me say ooooh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this December is a good month/Christmas for you. Enjoy en cherish all good things and moments. Hug.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails