Monday, December 14, 2015

Making Merry







Since I last checked in we have enjoyed some extra family time, as Jeff has had a week off.  With my foot, there was not a lot we could do so we were often home resting, getting ready for the upcoming busy season. It has been a joy to just hang out together.

Last week was pretty band heavy, so it was nice to have an extra driver.  Ryan had a jazz clinic, extra jazz rehearsal, pep band at the boys basketball game, all day Saturday jazz festival, and he played bass in a Sunday school band on Sunday.  Band is done until after Christmas.  Yay!  All his hard work paid off, as he was awarded one of only two Outstanding Musicianship awards.

Grace and Trevor got to spend two nights with their grandparents this past weekend.  They got to go to our church's Christmas musical.  Jeff and I had to be in another town with the jazz band.  I was sad to miss the musical, but it could not be helped with all the band going on.

Jeff and I had some fun times, too.  We enjoyed his firm's game night and of course all the jazz on Saturday. We got to hear some great bands.  We stopped for a steak dinner on the way home from the jazz festival.  It was a real treat.

Last evening, we finished up our online shopping for Christmas.  Today we will go to the mall, hopefully for the last time this season.  Jeff is back to work on Wednesday.  The two high school kids have finals to complete.  And there are plans for them to go swing dancing Friday.  The week will fly by! There is wrapping, baking and shopping to do.  Only 11 days until Christmas Eve!!!


4 comments:

  1. Crazy that there are only 11 days left!! I just started shopping this morning. Heart surgery at Christmas time has sure thrown a wrench into things!

    I hope that you foot is healing. Enjoy the rest of your time with hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeks...time is flying by so quickly! Your son looks so grown up :) I remember years ago and its so odd to see other's children growing up before our eyes. Congrats on his awards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pics bring back some serious memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah for your son's award!! Sounds like a great passion for music! Jazz is so fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails