Thursday, September 3, 2015

September Arrives





September has come in like a lion, with a full on heatwave and drought.  Thankfully, we can cool off inside our nice air conditioned house, what a luxury!  I am praying for rain, however.  Our world is quickly turning brown.

This week has been full.  We had lessons to make up from being off last Friday.  We have had our share of quizzes, tests, papers, projects, band rehearsals, and meetings. Friday is the next home game.  Yay!  Our musician has been asked to audition for two honor bands, one state, the other district, by the way.  (Hapy, happy!)

I think I am enjoying school a lot more this, our 4th week.  We are having successes and struggles, but they feel like growth, not something negative.   I am still vital to my kids' education in this setup.  Oh my, do they need my guidance!  But, I am more like their director, than teacher.  I like that.  I love how Grace can have a one on one with her Algebra teacher whenever it is needed.  I love how Trevor is doing more than the bare minimum to get by because he loves getting good grades.  

And, it really does not seem possible that it could be almost Labor Day weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy! How can it already be September?? This is a strange one for me because this is the first time in 21 years that I haven't started a new year. It's both sad and sweet. Anyhoo, happy schooling and September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to believe it's September! It sounds like you are all adapting well to your new school changes :) I can relate to the heat -- ugh! I'm so ready for fall weather and cool evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Hope you get rain soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails