September will be just a memory pretty soon. In years past, I have been too eager for the coolness of fall, so I would almost wish September away, as it is still a very warm month. Not this year! I love September's warm days and cool nights. Fall can wait. Well, not really, because it is now officially fall, but it still feels like summer.
Fall means band competitions every Saturday, all day long. Home football games sprinkled here and there on Friday evenings. Jeff and I are helping with preparing and serving the band kids lunch before their competitions. It is a good way to meet parents, too. And only "mildly annoying" to our teen who likes not having us around all the time. Haha.
Bike tours are big in the fall, too. Jeff took the younger two kids on our favorite tour, but it was canceled after a delayed start because of rain. Hopefully, the next one will be a go. I have to skip the next one. I fell and cannot ride for awhile.
Our garden boxes won't quit, despite being ignored. Grace went out to pick a few cherry tomatoes and brought in a gigantic cucumber. I promptly made refrigerator pickles, which my menfolk love. It will probably be the last. I said that a couple weeks ago, too.
We took Grace to Beef and Boards, a local dinner theater, for her belated 16th birthday present. They serve a buffet dinner, which was lovely. Then we saw the show, South Pacific. Grandparents joined us, making the party extra special.
All too soon, we will have sweater weather. The outdoor season will come to an end. I like to think I will endure winter cheerfully, but it is always a struggle.
.
That dinner trip sounds fun!
ReplyDeleteTime flies and those wonderful teens would not have their competitions without parent workers making it all happen. 😋
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're having a good September. I just told Paul today I can't believe how close we are to October. September sure flew by.
ReplyDelete