Friday, January 30, 2015

Being Real

This is January.  My husband works 60 plus hours a week.  No one comes to visit us, as all our friends live an hour away.  So... this is how my family room looks on an average school day.  Yes, I let them dump a huge bucket of Legos in the middle of the floor.  Yes, I have clean laundry on the sofa.  And, the area around my chair is a mess of books.  That's real life, folks!  And, I am OK with this, because I know that my kids are progressing in their studies, the house is clean underneath the clutter, and it all gets picked up on Friday afternoon so that we can enjoy a cleaner atmosphere during the weekend.  I thought perhaps it might help other homeschooling mothers to see that perhaps their mess isn't all that uncommon.  :)




6 comments:

  1. That looks to be my house on most days these days... but I needed to see this photo, because I have been having anxiety with the state of my home and was allowing perfectionistic thoughts permeate my brain... Thank you for sharing your realness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great honestly. Our house can get pretty cluttered too. I think everyone's does at some point in time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like my dining room during the school week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's refreshing to see a home lived in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right there with you kiddo! Oh, and don't forget the dishes stacked up around the sink.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails