Friday, February 21, 2014

I Have a Cold


Unfortunately, I have caught a cold.  I hate being sick!  This one is mainly in my sinuses.  Thankfully, I cannot remember the last time I was sick, and I really have not been down and out sick, either.  I credit this to the ingredients in the above photo.  Twice a day, I have choked down the following.

In 6-8 ounces of warm water add:

  • 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
  • the juice of one small lemon  
I have also consumed great quantities of homemade chicken stock, so yummy.  I have continued to exercise at half the effort.  I have cut out the sugar, which amazingly enough, I have not been craving as usual.  All I crave right now is sleep!  

I am really praying that no one else gets this, but yesterday, Ryan said he thought he was getting sick, too, but so far it is very mild.  He will not take my concoctions.  He will drink EmergenC, so that is making me a little happy.  

Oh well, this too shall pass, right?  If only the world would stop until I am well.  :)  

11 comments:

  1. May you sleep this one off quickly, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa. I can't stop completely, but I have slowed down a bit. I have one thing to do tonight and then I can relax tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. You need homemade broccoli tomato soup ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my go to cold med as well except I add cayenne pepper to the mix. Also take Echinacea and use salt water up the nose. ( I know yuck, but it works!) Hope you are on the mend. I am sure it would help if you had a bright sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better soon. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you're sick, Jen. Ugh! But it sounds like you're doing all the right stuff. I've just started on monolaurin for a chronic condition and if you haven't heard about it, you might want to research it. Wonderful stuff, really keeps colds and flu at bay and you can stay on it for months or years. Amazon reviews were helpful. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww...I am so sorry to hear you are sick. It's just not fun :( I do hope that by now you are feeling better and that it has not spread to anyone else.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cold has swept through our home recently too, it seems to last though just a few days and thats a good thing. lol. Do hope it goes away quickly for you and although sharing is caring, I think in this case its not.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel mostly on the mend today. Thank you all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YEA for being on the mend!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails