Friday, June 7, 2013

This Week At Home, 2013, No. 24

Little notes written in order to remember each precious day...
Grandpa's geranium in full bloom.  

First off, I want to answer a question.  Yes, I do write down little notes each day in a paper journal. I used to write them here as I go and then publish, but I find myself less and less on an actual computer these days.  I like my tablet or phone.  Actually sitting down with or at a computer is, well, so yesterday!  Now back to the show!  :)
Park dam.  

Monday the 3rd...

Got down to the 40's, first time in awhile.  It is going to be a cooler, less humid week, my favorite kind of weather.  The kids want steaming hot swimming weather, so they are not as happy as I am.  Today we did not do too much other than keep the normal chores going, spending time outside, and just enjoying summer break.  We did read some history and the kids did math.  In the evening, we went to a park with grandparents and played disc golf.  It was an awesome evening to be outside.

Lovely Nikki. 

Tuesday the 4th...

Wide open day.  Woot, woot!  Kept up with the laundry and dishes.  Spent more time outside.  We are enjoying our foster kitty, Nikki.  She is very affectionate.  Love lazy summer days like this.
Park number 2. 

Wednesday the 5th...

81 degrees at almost 2PM, but still no humidity.  Went to the library to sign us all up for the summer reading program.  Then we went to a candy store so Grace could buy a birthday present for a friend.  We then tried to buy bread, but discovered our Great Harvest bakery closed without warning!!  Talk about depressing!!  That is my signal that it is time to eat less bread, because, the commerical stuff is full of junk and we don't need to eat so much wheat anyway.  I may go back to baking some in the winter.  In the evening, some of us went to a local park to ride bikes and practice disc driving.


Thursday the 6th...

Starting today, we are expecting stormy weather.  It is cloudy, but the birds are singing merrily as usual.  Today we get to go see Grandma with Nana.  The visit was grand.  Grandma was awake and interactive. She loves to see us, that is plain.  After our visit, Nana took us to Panera.  Yummmm.
By Grace.

Friday the 7th...

Busy today!  This morning, I had to take foster kitty to the shelter 30 minutes away for a check up and then to the vet for a post operative check up.  It was really neat to hear how much the vet thought she is improved in just a week.  She needs to gain a little weight though, so I hope another week here can make the difference.  After lunch, I worked on laundry and dishes, the never ending job.  Ryan spontaneously volunteered to mow the grass.  Amazing!  Then, it was time to drive Grace to a slumber party.

We sure find it easy to slip into a summer routine!  The kids have read so much in the last few days.  They love the summer reading program.  Math is humming along,too.  I don't require math every day, just 3 times a week, when they want to fit it in.  Sometimes, I wish summer would last all year!

Happy weekend,
~Jenn



7 comments:

  1. Love the lizard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the green and the gecko! :-) Your week sounds positively refreshing and so very summer. And you've already been camping! Good for you. We're showing our pop-up to some friends this weekend--they'll probably buy it. It's very sad, but we need to get rid of it before our move. So many happy memories in it! AZ is hot so we're hoping we'll be able to replace the pop-up with a hardside with AC!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it to read how was your week. And the pictures make it complete. Grace would be an illustrator of children's books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandpa's plant sure is doing well. How long have you had that now? It seems like forever. What pretty parks you have to enjoy! And I have to laugh at Nikki -- it looks like she is in a crib with her own scratch pad, pillow, and boom box -- you sure know how to spoil your kitties. ♥ Yes, I do think Grace has a real future in art -- an illustrator would be really neat! And I like your reading/math summer schedule -- I'm with you on summer being year round. The seasonal change is lovely, but there is just something about summer! Enjoy your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if my other comment went through. Sounds like a great week, though I have to say I can't agree that computers are so yesterday, lol, especially since I'm working with my laptop right now. :) I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to say hello! Now that we are on summer break (finally!) I hope I can catch up with all of my long-lost bloggy friends. Your kids are sure getting tall, and it's so nice to see you all are doing well.

    Have a wonderful summer!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails