Monday the 6th...
It's a cloudy morning, but still 56 at 8 AM seems warm. Today is a normal Monday at home. After lessons and lunch, Grace and I go off on a bike ride. This evening we all went outside to enjoy the great weather. I spent some time in my hammock for the first time this season.
Tuesday the 7th...
It's another pretty and warm morning. More lessons and chores to do today. Getting the laundry under control is the big priority. Again, we rode our bikes after lunch. After dinner, the whole family went to play disc golf at a local park. Unfortunately, it was not all roses today. The cats had a big fight during lessons. I had let them be unsupervised because they had been doing better together and I also thought I know where they both were. Well, they were put back into separate but equal quarters. Sigh.
Wednesday the 8th...
Lessons and then off to art class. The picture below is not a current project of Grace's, just something she drew for fun at home and I liked it a lot. During art class I visited with my friend. She is such a good friend to me. On the way home, we picked up 3 neighbor kids and they all had a nice play date at our house. The girls made us chocolate no bake cookies, too.
Lots to do today. Hoping the rain holds off until after our busy evening. We were very distracted today. Trevor was interested in looking at old photo albums and so was I to tell the truth! We did get our work done, but not in as timely a fashion as usual. It did start pouring right when we had to leave for karate, choir, and grocery shopping. We have had a lot of rain again this week.
Friday the 10th...
More rain today, but scattered, so maybe not an all day thing. We worked hard to get lessons done and the house cleaned for small group. I made homemade hummus and cut up colorful peppers to dip. The men of the group helped Jeff hang a new tree swing rope for Grace. She loves her swing!
Saturday the 11th...
Finally, it was dry enough to mow. The yard was looking pretty bad. Today, I went to the grocery store to get a few things and then baked a cake for tomorrow's BBQ here after church. Ryan and Jeff went to play disc golf. It's a cool 65 degrees, but sunny. Tomorrow is not supposed to be ideal BBQ weather, either.
To all my friends who are mothers, Happy Mother's Day to you!!!
~Jenn




And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to YOU as well! Is tomorrow a family BBQ or with friends? And where's the tree swing? I sure am demanding aren't I? haha. Love Grace's artwork!!! I hope you gave the kitties a good lecture! Have a super weekend!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day to you too!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great week, except for the cat fight. I hope you have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to you too. :)
ReplyDeleteHow's now with the cats?
ReplyDeleteI love the drawing. Great and nice colors. Here in Holland its cold now!