We're in the middle of a January Thaw, and I could not be happier! It's in the 40's with sunshine today. I put my down jacket away and went outside in only fleece. It's supposed to get even warmer this weekend, although we'll have rain with it. Maybe it will be dry enough to play a quick round of disc golf anyway. The birds are all singing, too. They, more than even me, love this change in the weather. We still have February, the coldest month of the year, to endure. But, we're gaining in light and winter can't last forever. Hooray!
Yes, DD seems pleased to see more birdies! We are having our January Thaw now too, heavenly!!! Only we just reach around 31° to 38° and the temps will be starting to drop again by Saturday. We are in our coldest month of the year, so the January thaw is alway a nice break. We sure haven't had much snow by Minnesota's standards, I hope this doesn't mean more drought for Spring. March is our snowiest month, so we will see. Basically, I'm done with winter by Ground Hogs Day, so not much more for me to endure. Yeah! Have a lovely warm week!
ReplyDeleteOur snow is all melting here and it's in the 40's. We are supposed to hit 60 degrees in the next couple of days. Enjoy your warm days before winter shows up again. Take care, Heather
ReplyDeleteI am with Jane, We just starting thawing today and I am told March is usually NY snow month.. will be interesting.. Hoping the thaw is slow so there is moisture come spring for the farmers.. Gotta have my crops :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy it! We still have several months to go but I am already looking forward to spring.
ReplyDeleteWe won't get anywhere near that warm, only 40 today, and now we are dropping again. I hope you get to do what you want in the warm weather. :)
ReplyDeleteHow nice, the weather prediction for here is to warm up a possibly rain on Monday. To that I say NO!!!! We will see what really happens, those weather forecasts are often wrong, right?
ReplyDeleteI love it when it warms up like this! I forgot what the sun looked like!
ReplyDeleteO ... and here its freezing now.
ReplyDeleteAwww - Dorothy is such a pretty girl.
ReplyDelete