Monday...
Our routine was thrown off a little today due to a doctor's appointment for me in the morning. When I got home, I wasn't sure what I'd find. I had hoped they would automatically think to do their independent school work, but to my surprise they had played 3 full games of Life instead. I call that a pretty good morning. They did not resort to their default... computer or TV.
We got right to work and were able to get most of our subjects covered. We also worked on some life skills today. Somehow, Grace has not learned how to work the washing machine at the age of 13. We are fixing that. :-)
![]() |
| Grace learned how to quill. |
Tuesday...
Today we took our weekly walk around our favorite pond for PE. The morning was so bright and crisp! We did our lessons, had lunch, and then went to get bread. We still had a little more school work to do when we got home.
I am glad to report that spelling, for the first time in our homeschool career, is going well. I was skeptical about buying yet another curriculum. I think this is our 4th one! We are using A Reason for Spelling, in case you were wondering. There is nothing magical to their method. The best thing is that they use a multi-sensory approach that my kids like. I can see us actually finishing this program this year!
I got to go to my monthly bunco group in the evening. I have some really sweet friends and it is always fun to spend time with them. Next month, bunco is at my house. Oh boy! Need to start planning.
Wednesday...
Weather wise, the week is shaping up to be nice. It's cooler in the mornings and then warm in the afternoons. Lessons are going well. I almost hate to take a week off next week, but I am sure it will be fine. They seem to be able to jump right back into lessons as is required at times.
This evening, the guys mowed the grass again. I am happy to see how the grass continues to grow.
Thursday...
After lessons today, we went swimming. It was a great afternoon to swim. Actually, I did not get in as the water is now too cold for me with the cool nights, but the kids loved every minute. And the bonus was spending time with my mom, too. (Love you, Mom!)
We also had to go get groceries and take the kids to karate in the evening.
Friday...
This morning, we went to the library. When we got home, I graded Ryan's Biology and Grammar tests, both 95%. We also went over how the week went for him. He's about to finish his 3rd week of high school!
This afternoon, we're going to work on the house and then our small group will come in the evening. I want to make lasagna in my slow cooker, too. Doesn't that sound so good? It may even reach 90 today, so cooking in the slow cooker will help to keep the house cooler. I turned off the air a few weeks ago and really don't want to turn it back on. Thankfully, having big old trees help in that department.
Thanks for dropping by and taking time to read about our week!
Jenn


Nice week! Looking forward to the next one!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like it's been a good week. Swimming always makes a week great! Lasagna sounds good too!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great week. Our Great Harvest opened today. Looking forward to stopping there next week.
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to school starting and getting back to a schedule.
Enjoy that vacation!
very nice job on the art Grace... what a nice week it appears yall had, I am sure a better one yet to come when the beloved is home... so enjoy!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun week! 3 games of Life is educational. Beautiful workmanship on the quilling.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a good week. I am actually going to start next week teaching my son (12) how to wash clothes. :) His clothes!
ReplyDeleteSounds and looks like a great week. So glad that your schooling is going well and lasagna does sound very yummy. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the weekly pictures and notes. The children look so happy and that pool looks so inviting! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lovely week! Love the quilling- tell Grace well done. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope this week is a lovely one~
Shani xxx
Oh spelling. It makes me twitchy. I love spelling. Somehow, though, I cannot figure out how to teach it to my lovely children. We'll just keep struggling through. I should look for that curriculum you're using...
ReplyDeleteMy 14 year old says I don't do laundry fast enough for him - so he took it upon himself to do his own laundry. He's been doing it himself for about the last 8 months or so. Best. thing. ever. haha :-)
ReplyDeleteI WISH we could turn our a/c off!
Blessings!
Sharity