![]() |
| Our students: Ryan (9th grade), Trevor (5th grade), and Grace (7th grade) |
We started our day with a brisk walk at a favorite park. I am delighted to report that attitudes were bright as the morning sun shining in their eyes! Perhaps we are in a season of reaping fruit? All the many, many years of leading them towards this day when they'd return to their school books with happy hearts. (Oh, the many, many tears shed!) This is my reward! And a call to younger mothers to not give up. Keep training your children. Keep doing the hard work of being diligent. One day you will have eager learners who will bless you and bring joy to your heart!

Have a wonderful new school year!!! I'm so glad your pupils are looking forward to their new year of learning. :)
ReplyDeletexxx
Wow, they are looking so grown up. Amen to your encouragement. Anna is so excited to start school again (more than mom), but then again, my girls have always loved school.
ReplyDeleteWonderful day for a walk and a new school year. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteJenn, your post brought back such sweet memories! I love homeschooling especially those first weeks. The books are all so fresh and new. So much excitement! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely evening! When you have a moment, please do stop by and enter my drawing.
Oh my goodness your kids are getting tall... Oh and so cool they are enjoying the first day back... Kudos to you mom for not giving up... you were a example to them all these years of persevering
ReplyDeleteWonderful that you are reaping for your hard work!!!! I hope this is your best year yet!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope your schooling days are productive and blessed :-)!
ReplyDeleteWe will ease into it this year as our mornings are so busy with training animals to show at the fair the end of this month. And I wish I could say I'm excited about starting back to school, but to be honest I'm a little overwhelmed.
Your kids are getting so big! How time flies!
Blessings for a new school year, Julie
So glad it went well. It is a blessing when the crying stops. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope that you have a very blessed and happy new school year!
ReplyDelete(We'll have to compare notes often as we walk down that new 'high school' trail together. ) ;-)
Michelle