![]() |
| How can this be comfy? She thinks it is! |
Sunday...
Another lovely day together. Jeff finished mowing, after having to go get more gasoline. Grace's ear infection seems to be getting better, but it's still best that we did not go camping last night as we desired. We grilled out again. Ah, I love that smell! We had chicken tenders (grilled), salad, and strawberries mixed with blueberries with home made whipped cream on top.
Monday...
A rare day, indeed! We were home all day, no running. Gym is over. Dance was cancelled due to the instructor being ill with the flu. We fought our natural tendency to loaf on slower paced days. We got everything done, except French and adequate AWANA drill. They will have to make those up on their own time.
I'm off to fold laundry and watch a "no-think" show that Grace and I like, "My Fair Wedding." Oh those poor brides with no taste! Well, they get their dream wedding in the end. I do hope they get their dream marriage, too. I remember well how Jeff was so wise to keep reminding me when we were planning our wedding, that it was just a day and marriage was forever, wise man, indeed!
Dinner is home made pizza, broccoli slaw, and grapes.
(By the way, the cat is the only one around here who will let me take her picture and not complain when I put it on the blog.)
Tuesday...
Another slower paced day around here. (Yay!) Most of us got through our lessons in a timely manner. One of us rushed through his thinking he could then play a new game on the computer for the rest of the day. Ahem. Nope. Sorry. He obviously needed more work to do, so I gave him another book to read.
In the afternoon, our little friend came. Her mom asked me to consider watching her one day a week this summer. It would be a good way to bank up some money for art next year. I'm thinking we will do it.
For dinner, we are having a Shepherd's Pie concoction and salad. Fruit is getting low, so we will probably not have any for dinner. We'll have big salads to fill up on.
I can't stop taking pictures of this sweet creature!
Wednesday...
Another quieter day. The kids got their work done, watched a movie in the afternoon, and then we dashed off to AWANA, only two more left! Jeff talked to our AWANA commander tonight and so I can tell it here that we are not going to do AWANA next year. After going over our commitments, we decided that something must go. I am going to miss the children. It was a hard decision. Jeff is going to use his Wednesday nights to do fun boy things with Trevor, who seems to get the least of Jeff's attention. They've written a long list of things to do. I may publish it one of these days.
Dinner was crust-less quiche, grapes, and roasted potatoes.
![]() |
| She takes an afternoon nap on the sofa each day. |
Need to get some bread before school and babysitting today. Trevor hasn't been feeling his best this week. He's probably got what Grace had for the last two weeks. Ryan is all better, though. My ear started hurting last night for some strange reason. I don't have any other symptoms. Weird. Could be my old swimmer's ear flaring up. I did wash my hair yesterday. (Grrr!)
Today we finished a really quick paced, interesting book about Queen Mary, entitled, Mary, Bloody Mary by Carolyn Meyer. I am going to try to find some more books at the library by this author. She writes in a style that I enjoy. She wrote other books from similar historical time periods.
Dinner is chicken with whole wheat biscuts and home made slaw. BUT, the oven broke during its baking, so I had to transfer it to the crock pot. Thankfully, it finished in time. The oven will have to be serviced, I guess. It seems as if it is as old as this house, so I wonder if there are parts for it? Until then, I will have to be a creative cook using my grill and crock pot.
Karate is tonight. It's their last chance to qualify for the tournament coming up. Ryan also hopes to get signed off on becoming a Jr. Leader. He's been working on that all year. And wouldn't you know, Grace was the only one to qualify for the tournament, again! She is so frustrated, because she didn't even want to go to karate this year. I keep telling her that she'd be first place if she put some effort into it!
And, it looks like camping is off for the weekend, again. It's going to rain all day Saturday. (Boo)
Friday...
Hooray for Friday! I let the kids sleep in a bit, although,we need to finish up school work today. Trevor has several subjects to make up as he wasn't feeling well and I let it slide a day. Grace and I need to have a math meeting. (Pray for me! Those usually get heated.) Ryan needs to finish his essay. He usually puts it off until Friday.
Other than lessons, we need to tidy the house, keep the laundry going, may go to the library, and tonight is Grace's art show at the gallery! I cannot wait to see the lovely blue bird she drew.
I was going to make vegetable lasagna tonight. I may have to make it in the crock pot. I think I can do that. It may not be as good, but it will work.
Update: the lasagna was awesome! Here is the recipe. It's just something I made up.
First, I cut up 4 zucchini and stir fried them in olive oil
with 2 cloves (crushed) garlic, salt and pepper to taste. I put them
into the bottom of the crock pot. Next, in the same pan that I cooked
the zucchini, I put in 3 cans of organic tomato sauce, a couple more
cloves of garlic, crushed, a sprinkle of basil and about 1/2 cup of
olive oil. I let that simmer while I made my ricotta mixture. In a
medium bowl mix together one egg, a small carton of ricotta, a sprinkle
of dried parsley, 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese, pepper to taste,
and about a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Now it's time to
assemble the lasagna back in the crock pot. Take about one third of the
pasta sauce and spread it over the zucchini. Next layer some no boil
lasagna noodles (if you want to us regular ones, parboil them first.)
Then make a layer of the cheese mixture. Next layer more sauce. Then
take two or more big handfuls of fresh spinach and layer that next.
More noodles. Then cheese. Then sauce. Then noodles. Sprinkle a
little of mozzerella on top. You can add other veggies that you like.
These are just what I had. I cooked it on high for 3 hours. My crock
pot runs hot. If you want to skip making the sauce, just use a sauce
you like. I think next time I will add summer squash. Hope you like
it. Oh, if you want to bake it in a regular oven, that's fine too, just
adjust the time.
Saturday...
Since we aren't going camping, and it is supposed to rain all day, I am not sure what we will do except work around the house and watch Bat Man on Me TV.
It's just going to be nice not having a lot to do this weekend!
For dinner, I wanted to grill out, but it may rain, so we will see about that. I could fry hamburgers on the stove top.
Have a great weekend!
~Jenn
![]() |
| A bird Grace is working on. |







Ok, Jenn...I have seen all the pics of Dorothy and I have to tell you that I am officially in love with your adorable kitty!! I am going to find my way to your house and cat-nap her. lol. Besides, our kitty (named Kim) needs some company, and they look so much alike, twins should never be separated, right? ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the smiles.
LOL, I need to see your Kim!
DeleteHi Jenn. Wow, what a newsy post. LOL on all the DD pictures. I guess Dorothy knows she is beautiful and doesn't deny her fans plenty of photos. The wedding show you mentioned must be something you just get, I've never heard of it. I think it is great you are cutting back with Awana. I know a while back when you posted/contemplated your schedule, I thought perhaps that was the best option, but I didn't want to say anything. That will be great that Jeff can spend more time with Trevor too. They grow up way too fast. And, perhaps you guys will be healthier if you aren't exposed to all those Wednesday night too. That is funny about Grace being the only one to qualify at karate. That's too bad the oven broke - aren't you glad you are renting when things like that happen? Grilling is good - we grill no matter if it's raining or snowing...just not during tornadoes or blizzards, haha. Hope the math meeting went well. Pretty yellow bird! Grace should have a virtual art show for us all - one big post with all her lovely creations!
ReplyDeleteI am glad to have someone who wants to be on my blog! The kids are getting tired of me snapping pictures all the time. Too bad, they will be back on the blog next week. I guess we had to pray and spend some time thinking about next year. Yes, I am glad that I won't have to pay for a new oven and the new roof that is being done soon. I think we'll grill tomorrow between rain drops. I had planned to roast chickens, but now it is going to have to be something grilled. Grace just said that I can post her latest creation, so I will get on that for Monday. Thanks for the comment, Jane! Love hearing from your perspective!
DeleteOh your recipes are making me hungry! They sound so yummy!
ReplyDeleteYOur new cat is just beautiful. I love her blue eyes.
I hope you all get to feeling better quickly!
What a CUTE kitty you have! I was about to ask how long have you had the cutie but I see on your side bar just a couple of weeks. Awwwe what a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand about needing to step back from responsibilities. It is hard to say no but it important to do it when you need to. I pray blessings on Trever and Daddy time. What a blessings for them both.
That lasagna sounds soooooooooo yummy. I will have to figure out how to do it with a white sauce instead. You know me being allergic to tomatoes. ((sigh))
I pray your last few weeks of school goes well. We will be schooling to the end of June or 1st week of July.
Blessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary
I wrote a really long comment and it disappeared and I just can't write it again right now. ((sigh))
ReplyDeleteThe jest of it was I understand about needing to step back from responsibilities, CUTE cat, that lasagna sounds SOOOOOOOO good, and pray blessings on finishing your school year!
BIG blessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary
Jenn, I enjoy seeing your kitten pictures. She looks so soft and fluffy.
ReplyDeleteI love to watch wedding shows too. People are crazy but I enjoy seeing the beautiful dresses. :)
I read Jeff's blog too about you both stepping back from some church things, and all I can say is GOOD JOB!!!! It's such a hard decision, but there are seasons for everything. When your children are grown and out of the house, you will be free to work with the other children in your church (if that's where the Lord calls you). :) The Lord has us in different seasons in our lives, enjoy the season you are in, and your family.
ReplyDeleteThanks for that lasagna recipe, I will definitely try it. I need to start trying to get some more food money set aside for veggies. I never buy much, because I usually shop every two weeks, most veggies don't last that long. Guess I need to make some changes. :)
Chicken tenders (grilled), salad, and strawberries mixed with blueberries with home made whipped cream on top.How delicious! Adorable pictures of blue-eyed cat. Fortunately, the photo on the drawing is not a real bird Jenn, otherwise your cat caught him. Can I borrow your cat? We have mice in your house :-(
ReplyDelete