Friday, April 6, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012, Week 14

Little notes I jot down to remind myself of these fleeting, precious days!



Sunday...

Trevor had a 6:30 call time to sing at church.  Times like this I am thankful that we live only a mile away.  And thankful for a husband who jumps in and takes charge, being the morning person that he is!  Trevor's choir did a great job singing in three services.  He did not get home until after 12:30.  Therefore, his day was filled with lounging around.  Jeff and I went to the library after lunch, as a book on hold was in for me.  After that and despite gas prices, we took a country drive to look at a house.  



Monday...

Did as little as possible, which turned out to be plenty!  I received an email notice from the library that another book I wanted was ready for pick up, so back to the library we went.  We also got bread at Great Harvest.  The rest of the day I did laundry and read my books.  Oh, and I did make us a lovely dinner of left over roasted chicken, zucchini, and sweet potatoes.  Strawberries with honey was our dessert.  OK, and about a table spoon of real vanilla ice cream on top.  It is vacation after all.



Tuesday...

Another beautiful day in the making.  Grace and Trevor got an invitation to play all afternoon at their friends' house.  Ryan and I took an hour long hike.  It was very warm (85F) and sunny at the time, so the effort was more intense than usual.  I started the crock pot early enough so that we could enjoy our dinner stress free.  I made Crock Morock Chicken from Saving Dinner the Low Carb Way.  I also made the mashed cauliflower that I so love.  Brown rice and apple slices will round things out.

My heart was heavy for friends today.  I feel so badly for so many people who are suffering in this world.  Know that I pray for all of you, when I know of a need.  I wish I could do more. 



Wednesday...

Woke up to another beautiful day of sunshine and warm temperatures!  Yesterday's high broke a record.  I could get used to this!  I have lost track of the days without our busy activities. 

I hope to get a park visit in after lunch. (Yes, we spent an hour outside!  Yay!) 

Dinner will be home made spaghetti sauce and whole wheat pasta.  On the side, I'll steam some broccoli.  We'll have strawberry smoothies for dessert, which kind of taste like a strawberry milkshake.  I use coconut milk, strawberries, vanilla, and a bit of honey.  Yummy! 



Thursday...

Today, we had to do a little grocery shopping for the weekend.  We began dog sitting for neighbors too.  I worked on giving the master bedroom a deep clean.  I even got those baseboards!  For dinner, I made home made pizza.  I think I could eat that every night, sometimes.  I also made broccoli slaw and we had orange slices.



Friday...

It's been a really great, laid back week.  Today we got to spend time with Nana and Grandma (who lives at the nursing home).  Grandma was all smiles and enjoyed the chocolate milkshake from Chick fil A.  She seems in good spirits.  On the way home, we stopped at Costco.  Then we got the dogs fed.  Trevor really enjoys the dogs.  This evening there is a church service for Good Friday.  For dinner we're having crust less quiche and roasted potatoes.  We'll also have some grapes on the side. 



Saturday...

This will be our busy cleaning day and we'll bake a home made white cake for Easter.  It will be iced with fresh whipped cream and topped with strawberries Sunday.  Can't wait!  If all goes well, this should be the last Saturday that Jeff has to work.  Yay!  

Happy Easter!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, 6:30 to church. That's early! Sounds like a super week -- your spring brake sure went fast. Have a blessed Ressurection Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great week, well except for having to wake up at 6:30am. :) I hope you have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, you had a very busy and productive week! Have a blessed Easter Sunday with your beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good, good week. Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your menu this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weekly pictures look so pleasant. The weather must have been wonderful. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails