It's that time of the year again! It's time to make a long list of goals that we will forget about by February 28th! Stop! Not this year! This year, I've decided that instead of the usual list I make for the new year, I am going to set myself a monthly assignment to make monthly goals and report on them here.
I think this will keep me moving in the right direction all year long. I am also going to limit my list to 5 things, try to be very specific, and set dates to get them done by. Just think, 5x12 = 60. 60 goals in one year! Hot dog!!!
Here are my goals for January 2012. I thought about making a list for December, but decided that with Christmas coming it is best to procrastinate! I may just get a jump on these the last days of December.
- Read my Yearly Bible, daily, each morning before breakfast
- Put away Christmas decorations by January 8th, purge unneeded items
- Make a NY style cheesecake for Jeff's birthday by the 21st (I've never made one and it is his favorite. Shame on me!)
- Exercise 6 days a week. Walk for 30-40 minutes, 4 days a week, alternating with weight training 2 days with 1 day of rest
- Visit my grandma once and send 2 letters this month

Great idea Jenn -- short term, specific, and doable. Maybe I should do something like that...I always have the same goals that never get done, but if I break them down in 12-monthly increments, maybe I might make better progress. Wishing you the best!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!
ReplyDeleteI have an excellent cheesecake recipe if you are interested, just let me know and I can email it to you.
Jenn, I just loved your post. Well done for breaking down the year into more achievable blocks, never thought about it that way. Big mountains seem insurmountable, but little hills are manageable. You have inspired me!! I'm off to think about what goals I want achieved for January. Do you have "SMART goals" in America? if not, I might blog about them.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Lee-Anne
Sounds like a good list.
ReplyDeleteA friend of mine made me a cheesecake for my birthday in August, and it was sooo yummy. :)
I REALLY like the idea monthly goals and then limiting it to only 5 specific goals. That sounds soooo manageable! I LIKE. [o= I will probably join in with you on this one. It will inspire me to get things done. Yippee. [o=
ReplyDeleteBlessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary
Jenn, I love your idea of making short term goals instead of lofty resolutions. I am going to make my own monthly goal list.
ReplyDeleteI love this idea!
ReplyDeleteNot sure yet what I'll do about my goals. I'm reading The Resolution for Women first. It's by the people who put out Courageous, the movie, and seems full of good insights.
But, before that, I've got to get breakfast going. :)
Have a great day!
Annie Kate