Just back from a weekend up in Michigan, our last planned trip as a family this year. I won't say that we won't go anywhere else this year, but it is not likely with the holidays coming and needing every spare penny to be saved. We do plan to go away for our 16th anniversary this October. I am looking forward to that, a great deal.
Going away comes with its paybacks, like over whelming laundry, squabbling children, rain, and other disappointments. Sometimes I think it is best to just stay home! However, that is not what I really want. I so enjoyed the warm sand and crashing waves on Saturday. It is tempting to make going away an idol and then throw a silent tantrum when things don't go as well as planned. There is so much to be thankful for. So much!
Looks like a great time. So hard and yet so easy to come back sometimes, isn't it? :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
So you and your hubby's wedding anniversary is in Oct. ...so is ours, the 11th!
ReplyDeleteWe had some friends that vacationed at Lake Michigan this summer and didn't want to come home :-)!
I'm not much of a traveler or camper. But I've always been impressed by those that like to.
Not a happy camper, Julie