Monday, November 16, 2009

Slice of Life Monday, Number 8

Hello.  I hope you've had a nice weekend.  I started this meme for myself as a way to keep track of some things that are going on around here.

~Things I hope to do this week~

Always number one... keep clutter at bay. I need to keep looking for things to purge. I finally feel as if I am making progress. As I look around myself, I see mainly things that we love or need. This is my goal. I think I need to purge some clothing this week, but that's it.

Visit my grandparents before the week is out. Grandpa was sick last week and this week my oldest seems to be getting a cold, so I am not sure this will happen. 

Keep my focus on our lessons despite the busy days.

Work on my visual homemaking journal. 

~Not Set in Stone Menu~

Monday: Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

Tuesday: Chili and Cornbread
Wednesday: Picnic with Daddy before AWANA

Thursday: Roasted Chicken, vegetables

Friday: Pizza and Salad

Saturday: Pot Roast with Vegetables 

Sunday: Leftovers



~What I am reading~

Power of a Woman's Words by Sharon Jaynes, Chapter 13 &14.  (The end of the study.)

Finish memorizing 1Corinthians 13, on verse 13.

Proverbs, chapter a day with my children.

In the morning, Psalms, 7 week reading plan.


~Things I am thankful for~

(Ongoing list updated each week.)
A husband who comes home every evening and remains engaged.

Just enough.

Healthy children.
A warm home.
A great family weekend.
God's awesome creation. (Lake Michigan comes to mind.)

Parents who bless me.
Sunshine on a cool fall morning.
Yellow gold leaves.

Opportunities to serve others.

Unusually warmer days for November.

Good books from the library.


~What we are learning together~
We started a biography of D.L. Moody. How I am inspired by biographies!  We will also continue to read through Proverbs, one chapter a day. We will be learning hymns and singing other favorites. My oldest will continue reading Around the World in 80 Days. He will also spend some time working on a map of the journey. I want my daughter to begin reading Elsie Dinsmore, book one. I've been looking forward to her being old enough to enjoy this series of books. I am thankful that our library carries some of them.  We will also be reading some poetry from Robert Frost.  For fun, we started reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. 

~A Prayer Request or Two~

Still praying for the attitude of my heart to be in-line with God's will, that I'd not grumble so much. (God is enough!)  Oh my goodness, this is going to be a life long struggle, I fear! 

Praising God's provision day by day.

Praying for my mom's healing and for the clothes she needs for this winter. With her nerve condition, it is hard to wear clothes. I am praying she will find a fabric that doesn't irritate her nerve endings.

Praising God for our good health and asking for it to continue. Protection from illness this winter.  My oldest seems to have a cold coming on.  I pray it doesn't spread. 

Praying for attitudes of my children. Oldest would bare fruit of his confession of faith. Middle would obey without grumbling, resist her flesh. Youngest would not be puffed up from frequent praise.

~Picture I am sharing~

I took this a couple years ago at an art musuem we enjoy visiting. 



2 comments:

  1. I hope you get the things done that you need too. And that picture is so cute. :)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenn, thanks for following my blog! I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to join the conversation any time! I always like getting to know new people. See you around. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails