Friday, November 20, 2009

Bloggers I Never Miss

I certainly do not consider myself an accomplished blogger or wise woman or very creative for that matter, just because I have had multiple blogs for 3 years now.  Much to my chagrin, my writing style has more in common with Dick and Jane books than I like. 

"See my kids play.  Look, look at my cat!" 




Lately, I have even thought of quitting the blogging life-style all together.  What is the average life span of a blog anyway?  Who wants to read dribble?  Shouldn't I be spending less time on the computer? 

Unfortunately, I don't think I could quit blogging.  I've made some really sweet friends.  Grandparents who live far away also enjoy seeing posts about their grandkids.  It would be almost selfish not to continue, in their eyes!  (Or so I've been told.) 

And I would miss reading blogs.  There are just so many incredible, encouraging people out there cranking out beautiful words and posting equally stunning photographs that make my heart glad to be part of this cyber world in some small way. 

One such blogger is Ann Voskamp of Holy Experience.  Her words and pictures capture me in a way I've never thought possible.  She is the catalyst behind why I am working on personal Scripture memory, a visual home journal and encouraging my family to read God's Word more.  You might even want to vote for Ann over at The Homeschool Post's Homeschool Blog Awards.   I did. 

Another encourager is Lynn from A Mother's Journal.  I so admire her wisdom and strength.  She is a lovely person who is building a lovely home for her family.   I enjoy pictures of her beautiful garden and  hearing about her adventures in home education. 

Speaking of building a lovely home, I simply can't say enough about Hannah at Cultivating Home.  Hannah is wise beyond her years.  She is making a difference for Jesus while on this earth.  When I grow up, I want to be like her. 

I am thankful for each one of you who shares your life with me via blogging.  I don't know how long this will last, but for now, I am pressing on. 
~Jenn

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog, and never think your writings are dribble. But I do understand wondering how long to blog. I go through that constantly. But we are still here, aren't we? lol :) I would miss blogging too, and I would miss you if you left. I like your pictures by the way, very cute. :)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, thank you so much for mentioning me. I am humbled. I enjoy reading what you say very much! I know how you feel about the whole blogging experience. Every day I purpose to not be on line too long, but I also like to visit my friends on line, including you, and then the time goes by and I find myself having to draw a line. I end up not posting or not getting to visit everyone's blog. It's a balance. As much as I love old-fashioned things, the internet has a valued place in our home right now and I have gained a LOT from my blogging friends. I agree with you.

    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails