~Things I hope to do this week~
- Get the laundry under control after a long weekend away.
- Tidy Grace's room before it is out of control again.
- Plan for next week's gathering of friends at my home.
- Keep clutter at bay.
- Call the vet about my cat's claw. I think it is infected.
~Not Set in Stone Menu~
Monday: Baked Spaghetti with homemade garlic bread and a salad
Tuesday: Chicken and Dumplings
Wednesday: Picnic with Daddy in the church parking lot or???
Thursday: Pancakes and fruit
Friday: Soup and homemade bread, salad
~What I am reading~
Power of a Woman's Words by Sharon Jaynes, Chapter 8, Power of a Woman's Words to the World
Proverbs, chapter a day
~Things I am thankful for~
(Ongoing list updated each week.)A husband who comes home every evening and remains engaged.
Just enough.
Healthy children.
A warm home.
A great time away from everything.
God's awesome creation. (Lake Michigan comes to mind.)
Willing and able grandparents.
~What we are learning together~
(Week five of My Father's World) We are making a little change this week. We need more meat. We have been used to Sonlight's deep well of reading. (We will be back to Sonlight next year.) We are going to add a little more reading this week to MFW. We are going to spend more time in Streams of Civilization to get this meat. This week we are still learning about Ancient Egypt. We will continue to read through Proverbs, one chapter a day. We will be singing Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing and other favorites. We will finish reading In Search of the Source and continue in Tanglewood's Secret, both excellent books. For science we will continue to look at the science behind pyrimids. We will be listening to Vivaldi's Spring. We need to update our timeline and maps of the Fertile Crescent. We will also add a page to our history notebooks.
~A Prayer Request or Two~
Still praying for my tone of voice, especially when I give directions to my children. (Proverbs 31:26) I have vowed to ask for forgivness anyone that I offend, as soon as it happens.
Praising God's provision day by day.
Praising God for a safe trip to Michigan and that the kids were well cared for while we were away.
Praying for a church family who needs a job for their father and a lot of grace from me.
Praying for my sweet kitty's claw and the money to pay for its healing.
~Picture I am sharing~
Holland State Park, Holland, MI
I'll share more about our weekend later. Right now it is time to go make some muffins.
Can I come to your place this week for supper? I am sure I will be there with in a day or so
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog. I see you had a wonderful time away too.
ReplyDeleteIts such a blessing indeed! -mrs.m.