Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rainy, Dreary Days

Here it is Wednesday, already. Our week has been going well. I hope yours is too. I am thankful for a return to better health for myself. I am thankful that the kids are well at the moment, too. I know so many who are not. (I am praying for you.)






I am wondering if being in so many activities is wise this winter. We are bound to get sick, being exposed to so many kids in church and other places we go. When my youngest was born, we were told not to take him anywhere until March. We followed those doctor's orders and ended up having the best winter ever. No one had as much as a sniffle. It was not easy, but it was worth it.




I have a birthday coming up next Monday. Birthdays are not as much fun when you are in your 40's. Not just the getting older part, but the guilt that comes from wanting to eat birthday cake and spend money. I am going to eat some cake, but not as much as I would like. See, getting older is just not so much fun. I suppose it is a state of mind. I probably could make it more fun if I tried. (Something to pray about. Having a birthday is better than not having one!) And as for spending money, I will have to use restraint there as well. 




Now I am not sure if I should post this or not. It's kind of a downer. Sorry about that. I do not like to be discouraging on my blog. Perhaps it is the rainy, cold, dreary day we are having here. And it is just the beginning of cold, dreary days to come. Perhaps, I am coming down from my "mountain top" weekend? It's hard to get back to real life after such a nice time away.





I think I will leave you with this quote.



"I expect to pass through this world but once. Therefore, if there be any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
~William Penn




I am recently convicted that I am not a very loving person when I compare myself to the Bible. As I am memorizing 1 Corinthians 13 for the ladies Bible study I attend, it is piercing my heart. My attitudes are not loving or kind. This is a good thing to be convicted of.  I am thankful for the Holy Spirit's workings on my heart. 

I hope the rest of your week brings you joy and glory to our King.
~Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Jenn-- I love the new look of your blog! I want to encourage you! You are a loving person! I have seen only kindness from you. I know that we all have to work on growing more and more like Christ and the more like him we become often the more we see the need we have for him and how much farther we have to go! You have been an encouragement to me today, I think I will go and read 1 Cor. 13 to start my school morning! AND----HAPPY BIRTHDAY-- my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always hard to get back into the swing of things after a weekend away. I didn't think your entry was a downer or anything, just how you were feeling. :)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails