Friday, December 21, 2012

This Week At Home, Week 50!

Monday..

Today we were blessed to spend time with Grandpa!  Unfortunately, Grandpa and Grandma are in the process of moving to Texas, so it might be awhile before we see them again.
We love you, Grandpa!

Tuesday...

Today we made the most of our lesson time.  We were a little short on time yesterday, but for a very good reason!  Great Expectations continues to capture our attention.  I'm convicted by my own struggle with contentment, as is Pip!


Wednesday...

Grace had her last art class of the year and finished the above project.  While she was there, I had coffee with a dear friend.  Then Grace and I went and bought some bread before heading home to get ready for the evening's festivities.  

Tonight is the last AWANA for 2 weeks!  A storm, a big one for us, is coming tomorrow, so, Jeff and Trevor go get all our groceries while the rest of us are at church.  Thank you, Darling!

The fruit we eat in one week, not including frozen. 

Thursday...

The wind and snow came late. after a day of heavy rain.  I am wondering how much we still need to be considered out of the drought.  Anyway, because Jeff had gone to the store last night, today was a blessed day at home.  We finished up our lessons, all but Ryan.  He just has a biology test to do with me tomorrow. 


Hot cocoa after shoveling! 

Friday...

Tonight is our small group Christmas party, here.  We're having ham, sweet potatoes, rolls, salad, and a friend is bringing dessert.  The house is in pretty good shape, just needs the finishing touches that I dare not do a day ahead or I have to do them again. 

The kids went out to shovel our neighbor's driveway.  They contracted to do it every time it snows.  It's a win-win! 



Weekending...

Tomorrow is our Christmas with Jeff's mom and brother.  Sunday we are going to bake some cookies, just a few.  And then Christmas Eve and Christmas will finally be here!  More about that next week. 






8 comments:

  1. What a busy week! To bad grandma and grandpa are moving. Where in Texas, we used to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture, Grace!

    Enjoy time with your family while they are still nearby. It is so precious. My parents are driving out to see us; they're almost here, visiting with other relatives about 7 hours away.

    We're having a snow storm today, and Miss 10 and I went out cross country skiing and snowshoeing, respectively, in the dusk. Beautiful, and the snowflakes blew right into my throat. I love the taste of snow, but don't approve of the kids eating it, so I don't anymore either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture is really good. She has a gift! Did you end up with as much snow as expected?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat to have the grocery buying done and getting a full day at home.
    I went out at -40the and ice fog to finish shopping. I should have started earlier.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry that Gpa is moving, is seems like he just got here (there). Again, I LOVE Grace's art work. She may eventually become a great artist and then mom & dad can retire & live on easy street. :) This year for school we are FINALLY doing more art and Anna is surprising me with showing more talent than I imagined. I might have to find some art classes somewhere for her. My stick people just don't cut it. That's a lot of fruit and so healthy. I I see pears there - I haven't had a pear in ages, my mouth is watering for one right now. And the whipped cream on the hot chocolate looks yummy too! I hope the kids are enjoying the snow! Have a good weekend. I have to bake cookies on Sunday too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great week. Sorry that grandma and grandpa are moving, that is a bummer. Glad you have some time to spend with them. I hope you have a great time this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a Merry Christmas! The snow is pretty. We still haven't gotten our first batch yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture, well done Grace. And I like also teh snow pic! Blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails