Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Meanderings

Good Monday morning to you!  Oh, yes indeed, it was another busy weekend for us.  And we are tired.  I find myself wanting to hide from the world outside my doors this week so that I can get some progress made on the house inside.  There are just too many things out of place for me to be at peace.  That said...  Here is a bit of encouragement for you all this fine Monday morning. 

"The way you keep your house, the way you organize your time, the care you take in your personal appearance, the things you spend your money on all speak loudly about what you believe.  "The beauty of Thy peace" shines forth in an ordered life.  A disordered life speaks loudly of disorder in the soul."

 -Elisabeth Elliot

"Those who walk uprightly enter into peace."   Isaiah 57:2

So, What am I going to do?  I am going to make a plan, invite my children to help me, and then I am going to pray that I do not sin in my attitude in the midst of digging out of this mess.  And if I have to, I might just figure out a way to stay home until it gets done!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wonderful quote. I think I'm going to have to copy that and then work to getting back the way I want things...less frumpy and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,

    What an excellent quote by Elizabeth Elliot, and very true, indeed! I'm trying to get some order back into my home life as well. :)

    -L. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on this one! I feel like I have to find some way to get my home under control, sigh. Life gets so full and over flowing this time of year that I notice what little I do keep somewhat under control is then out of control. /o= Do share what you are doing and I will do the same. ((hugs)) I really like that quote, thank you.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice quotes. I hope you get the things done this week that you want. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quoter from Elizabeth. So wise. And yes I too have to pray and work my way through the mess. Attitude is so much everything and I am working hard to keep it positive!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails